Industrio (shitty Factorio clone) (heavily wip)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Guard13007
Party member

Industrio (shitty Factorio clone) (heavily wip)

Post by Guard13007 »

Someone on the IRC chat told me a few days months(?) ago to make a Factorio clone in LOVE. Well this is what it currently looks like:

- Belts working, including an animation!
- Resources created (including shitty programmer art!)
- System roughly in place for generating new terrain and resources procedurally (meaning a seed value will produce the same map).

Here's a gist of the original code: https://gist.github.com/Guard13007/0f1ffe322f0d13f96e73

And I've started working on this a little further past my initial post. No ETA on a release or release of code just yet. However, you can encourage me with support on Patreon. ;) That's shameless begging enough as it is, so I won't actually post a link to it, but it should be pretty easy to find if you actually want to help support me.
Last edited by Guard13007 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guard13007
Party member

Re: Factorio clone in LOVE, belts working

Post by Guard13007 »

(This is a copy of the original post for historical purposes.)

Someone on the IRC chat told me a few days ago to make a Factorio clone in LOVE.

Well belts work now, so thank you very much.

Here's a gist of the code right now: https://gist.github.com/Guard13007/0f1ffe322f0d13f96e73

And I will be working on this further, but after I finish up the prototype release of Office Life Simulator.
Guard13007
Party member

Re: Industrio (shitty Factorio clone) (heavily wip)

Post by Guard13007 »

So yeah, just updated the first post (and made copy of the original because history of project and such or whatever).

I've only just added in the resources and generation stuff, but the actual belts and core of it has been around for a bit now. Definitely needs a lot more work, but I figured I'd bump this thread to show that I'm actually working on it, and see if people are interested.

- Belts working, including an animation!
- Resources created (including shitty programmer art!)
- System roughly in place for generating new terrain and resources procedurally (meaning a seed value will produce the same map).
gustavo10destroyer
Prole

Re: Industrio (shitty Factorio clone) (heavily wip)

Post by gustavo10destroyer »

:awesome:
hey man, I really like Factorio, but it's very expensive where I live, so I had the idea of recreating it with love2d but I found your project, well, if you still want help, I'm interested, I have deep knowledge of Lua, if you still want, we can try, I don't want anything in return.

call me on Discord: @thecursednoob